Last Updated on: 22nd November 2023, 05:23 am
The cuboid has six faces and to find out the surface area of the cuboid the individuals need to add the areas of six faces perfectly. The cuboid is the three-dimensional figure which is bounded by regular planes and has the magnitude of length, width and height. The opposite faces of the cuboid will always be equal it will mean that opposite faces of the cuboid are in the same dimension. The measures of the cuboid will be the total surface area, lateral surface area and volume. The surface areas will always be measured in the square units and the volume will be measured in cubic units. Following is the formula for the total surface area of cuboid:
2 (lw + wh + lh) square units
Where l will be the length, w will be width and h will be height.
The lateral surface area formula is:
2 (lh + wh) = 2 h (l + w) square units
But normally the children make several kinds of mistakes at the time of calculating these kinds of answers and values and some of the most commonly prevalent mistakes among the children are mentioned as follows:
- The most common mistake among the children is that they miss interpreting the whole problem because the questions based upon cuboid will always be requiring the people to formulate the figure and then find out the things which are required in the question. So, to get rid of this particular mistake the individuals need to draw the correct figure with appropriate labelling and dimensions as written in the question so that they can understand the problem very easily and can give the examiner a complete idea about the whole process. It is very much important for the students to remember to consider the visible surface to calculate the surface area perfectly and to achieve the correct answers.
- The students also find it is very much difficult to identify what has to be calculated as lateral surface area or the total surface area. Further, it is very much important for the students to pay proper attention to the things required in the question so that they can apply the formulas accordingly and then find out the answers very accurately. Apart from this particular concept, it is very much important for the students to be clear about the volume of cuboid and for this purpose, they need to join platforms like Cuemath so that they have proper access to the tips and tricks of solving different questions and ultimately end up reaching the accurate answers perfectly.
- One of the most common mistakes in which the students indulge in is to make different kinds of errors in terms of identifying what needs to be calculated, surface area or the volume. Many students are very much confused about both of this formula which is the main reason that they need to be clear in terms of basics so that they can apply the right kind of formula with the right kind of values without any kind of hassle.
- Another very common mistake is that students indulge in the wrong application of the formula and utilisation of the formula in the sense that they skip some of the terms which lead to wrong answers in the long run and will not help in providing them with good marks in the examination. So, it is the responsibility of every student to pay proper attention to the learning of formula from the very beginning so that they do not have to face any kind of issue and indulging in regular revision is a good idea to properly grasp a good command over the formula.
- Normally the students do not mention the units with the answer which is another very common mistake and leads to deduction of marks. Hence, covering different kinds of measurements and giving them the same units is very much important so that students can fetch full marks very easily.