The 5 steps to post-Brexit Success:
- Step 1: Introduce scenario strategising into your business and actively plan for each Brexit possibility. (Jennifer offers start-ups a list of scenarios.)
- Step 2: Export with purpose not by accident. Do your research, be strategic about which markets will maximize your opportunity to succeed. Make sure this is aligned with your capacity and resources – you don’t want to undermine your UK business in pursuit of overseas gains.
- Step 3: Identify your fears linked to both Brexit and Exporting and generate a plan to overcome them.
- Step 4: Don’t be overly concerned with what your competitor is doing. Focus on your own business and develop the most effective business model.
- Step 5: Surround yourself with experts, now is the time to know your freight forwarder, your currency management team, your lawyer and your accountant. Renew your chamber of commerce membership. These teams will help you stay up to date with relevant information and be compliant as you deal with Brexit.
An Amazon reviewer says:
Brexit is obviously a worry for me as a SME owner . . . this book provides both helpful advice on how to get a ‘mindset’ that focuses on embracing the possibilities of exporting, and practice advice on how to be ready to weather the uncertainty and challenges ahead.
Export. Thrive. Change the World can be purchased via amazon here